August 24, 2010

Mornings Reinvented!

Forget coffee! After drinking this smoothie, you won't need it!

Photobucket

Some days I start with my Incan Warrior Hot Chocolate, but due to the extreme AZ summer heat, terribly hot even at 6am when I start my day, I've been switching it up with this ice blended velvety nectar. Here is the recipe; I go back and forth between this and my green smoothie. I have my green smoothie daily, but sometimes not until mid-morning.

I find this Nana-Cacao smoothie gives me the boost I need to get in a quick morning workout. I drink it about 30+ minutes before my exercise routine or yoga… I follow up my workout with a pinch of local bee pollen, and 1-2 oz of raw aloe vera gel, from my plant, or from the store, whichever I have time for that morning. Enjoy!


Recipe: Raw Nana-Cacao Smoothie

1 Organic Banana
2 Scoops Raw Maca Powder
2 Scoops Raw Cacao Powder
1 Scoop Amazing Grass Powder, Cacao Flavor
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
(more if desired)
2 Cups Almond Milk
Ice Cubes
(As an occasional twist you can add a scoop of Organic Raw Almond/Peanut Butter!)

Blend and enjoy the massive energy boost for breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. I bet Blakers would like this rendition of her favorite "SMMOOODEEEEES" :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete